Mia Full Beaded Heel Sandals
Leather WhiteRegular price £65.00
Make 3 payments of £21.66. . No fees.
A gorgeous pair of sandals hand-made in Kenya, embellished with sustainable glass beads in a beautiful design. Each pair is lovingly crafted with a leather upper on a heeled recycled rubber sole.
- Product Details
- Fit and Fabric
- True to size
- 100% Genuine leather and vibrant glass beads
- Handcrafted in Kenya
- Part of our sustainable fashion collection: supporting local artisans keeping their craft alive and helping to maintain their livelihood
- Due to our sandals being handmade, there may be slight imperfections
Made in Kenya
Dust off with a dry cloth
- True to size
- Dust off with a soft, dry cloth
- For stains/marks; blot with a leather cleaning formula followed by a leather softening agent.
- Due to the handmade nature of this item we recommend wiping the leather with a dry cloth before wear.
- We suggest you wear your sandals around the house and on some short outings before you set off on a long day out.
Why choose Our Sandals
- The sandal bags are made by Elimu Sewing Project in Kenya which supports young women from vulnerable backgrounds to pursue a 2-year training program which equips them with income-generating skills and a sewing trade.
- Our glass beads are fully recyclable and are coloured using natural dyes.
Glass beads are a particularly good alternative to plastic beads because when it breaks down, it remains safe and stable and releases no harmful chemicals into the surrounding environment. Glass also takes far less energy to produce and has a long life span.
- By rejecting leather we would destroy many jobs for individuals who rely on the leather industry for their livelihood.
- We only use leather by-products from the meat industry. The leather would otherwise be wasted.
- Additionally, our leather is only coloured using natural dyes. It will last a lifetime and be passed on to future generations. It is the antithesis of fast fashion.
- We run a monthly Beach Clean-Up Campaign in Malindi Kenya where we pledged to pick up a basket of waste for every pair of Kenyan Sandals sold. We sponsor twelve children volunteers, who help with the beach clean, to attend school, enabling them to get the education they had previously been unable to afford.