Lenha Kikoy Towel
Cotton PinkRegular price £45.00
Make 3 payments of £15.00. . No fees.
Introducing our Kikoy Towel, made from 100% cotton Kikoy with a towelling lining. A traditional East African fabric, handwoven by our artisans. The cotton is dyed with bright Azo-free dyes creating a vibrant traditional Kenyan design. Not only ideal for the beach, but our Kikoy Towels also double up as a great scarf, picnic rug and colourful furniture throw.
- Product Details
- Fit and Fabric
- Hide-away pocket
- Handmade in Africa
- Coloured with Azo-free dyes
- Traditional East African garment
- Handwoven with 100% cotton
- The cotton has been grown and harvested in East Africa
- The distinctive tassels are hand-knotted by skilled artisans
Made in Kenya
Machine wash at 30°C
- The traditional size is 171cm (66") x 104cm (40")
- Delicate machine wash at 30 °
Arrived by boat
Why choose Kikoy
- The history of the Kikoy (also spelt Kikoi), is a traditional hand-woven East African fabric worn by local fishermen in Kenya and Tanzania
- Kikoy is made from 100% cotton that is grown and harvested in East Africa. The woven fabric is dyed with bright, Azo free dyes, resulting in a traditional sarong with vibrant colours that represent the spirit of the East African people
Today, Kikoy is still hand-loomed, though it is often machine-loomed to increase quality and production quantities. It can be made into a variety of pieces from sarongs and beach towels to trousers and dressing gowns.