ASSISTANT SHOP MANAGER FOR ASPIGA TREBETHERICK
Assistant Shop Manager – Aspiga @ The Mowhay, Trebetherik, Polzeath
5 days per week potentially including a weekend day - hours TBC.
Start Date – Feb 27th 2023
Based in Trebetherik, Polzeath.
THE POSITION: ASSISTANT SHOP MANAGER FOR OUR NEW STORE @ Aspiga Polzeath
We have an exciting year ahead at Aspiga and are looking to grow our team and would like to welcome an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Manager to join us in our Polzeath shop. Our Polzeath store is one of our founding Aspiga retail shops and, together with St Mawes and St Ives shops, delivers an Aspiga presence and brand experience across Cornwall. The role of the Assistant Shop Manager is to assist in the management of the store to deliver the agreed KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga and to work with our other 7 stores across the country to deliver an outstanding Aspiga retail experience.
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men, whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Retail team; a good communicator with a passion for sustainability, who has excellent retail and customer skills to drive the retail channel.
The role of the Assistant Store Manager is to manage the store and deliver the agree KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Reporting into the Shop Manager and our Retail Manager (RM) and managing the Trebetherik store to ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- The Assistant Manager will be provide the main leadership and management of the store and will be overseen by a Shop Manager who will be on site 2-3 days a week.
- Supporting the shop manager to open, manage and recruit staff for the retail store, approving all recruitment with the Manager.
- Manage the staff rota to ensure the shop is staffed appropriately and staff hours are managed against budget and agreed sales targets for the shop.
- Ensuring the sustainable fitouts for each store are delivered and implemented on time, making sure the shop is as sustainable as possible and that the point of sale reflects this.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of Aspiga’s customer service experience through coaching, developing and motivating the shop team, leading by example and by exceptional interactions with the customer.
- Ensuring all staff work to the Aspiga customer experience and brand guidelines within the shop.
- Behaving in a manner that represents the values of the Aspiga brand, adhering to company guidelines and policies.
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop the profile of the Aspiga brand in the retail environments and engage their customers, increase conversion, develop relevent and appropriate collaborations, build strategic relationships within the store’s local community and by organising events with social media influencers and bloggers.
- Ensure marketing materials such as brochures and ‘Aspiga Loves’ are handed out and all staff collect customer names to sign up to the email database.
- Actively driving commercial opportunities e.g. using Social and paid ads to increase footfall and looking at innovative ways to market the shops within the local area to help increase sales.
- Undertake frequent stock takes, checking stocks in store are selling, review best sellers, define with the Merchandiser the right collection / range for stores and feedback to HQ high, via the Manager.
- Ensuring company and brand standards are maintained as well as adhering to H&S guidelines.
- Upholding Aspiga’s values on sustainability and ethical fashion by ensuring their knowledge of the company’s ethical and sustainable use of materials, production processes and recycled packaging is up-to-date.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Experience required in contemporary fashion or luxury retail management
- Commercial acumen - experience driving KPI’s, staff planning and inventory management
- Confident and outgoing; able to effectively communicate the brand story
- Experience building and leading effective teams
- Organized, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Confident operating Microsoft suite software and Google sheets and meets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Please send a copy or your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org.