THE POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
START DATE: January 2024
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full Time, hybrid working considered
About Aspiga (www.aspiga.com)
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first.
Aspiga is a multi-channel retailer with a successful online channel, wholesale including marketplaces and retail shops in UK and Barbados. We focus on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
THE POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
This is an exciting new role! We are seeking a talented Assistant Accountant who enjoys working in a fast-paced & growing environment and has fantastic financial skills. This role reports into the Head of Finance and is an opportunity to gain more experience and skills working for an award-winning sustainable Retail Brand.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Payables and Stock inbox ensuring this is kept up to date /organised and all supplier queries are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Process all Non-Stock and Stock invoices in Bright Pearl (BP) timely, accurately ensuring they are checked and properly coded to correct GL account.
- Distribution of supplier invoices for authorization to relevant persons/dept.
- First point of contact for all supplier queries
- Posting of all payments & allocations in the BP accounting ledger for all bank accounts
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts ensuring the Creditors ledger reflects the correct balances every month.
- Own the Accounts payable ledger.
- Own the Accounts Receivables ledger.
- Reconciliation of all 3rd party accounts ensuring the balances reflected are correct.
- Chase up on all debt ensuring all monies due are received on time /as expected.
- Posting & allocation of all receipts in BP.
- Posting of all costs of 3rd party customers in BP.
- Weekly Bank reconciliations
- Managing and preparation of payment runs of all currencies ensuring suppliers are paid on time and as per terms.
- Weekly and monthly Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supporting the Finance Team in Month-end close processes and journals.
- Assisting in the preparation of schedules as required by Head of Finance.
Other tasks include custodian of all contracts, maintaining the Shop/HO rent & rates schedule, undertake ad hoc financial analysis from time to time. Processing of company credit cards and expenses forms.
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
- 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
- For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
- For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental Health support with Lifeworks
- Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
- Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- At least 1.5 - 2 years’ experience, ideally gained in a Retail/FMCG environment.
- Ideally studying towards a professional qualification
- Good grasp of double entry accounting
- Advanced excel skills including look ups, pivot tables etc.
- Analytical, logical and can-do mindset
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and identify areas on improvement with a view of implementing new processes and efficiencies where required.
- Someone who is pro-active, aspirational and willing to learn and develop themselves.
Aspiga is committed to building diverse and inclusive teams. We celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work.
Closing date: 19th January 2024. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so we’d encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity, as the role may close earlier than advertised.