THE POSITION: ASSISTANT MERCHANDISER
START DATE: January 2024
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full Time
About Aspiga (www.aspiga.com)
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials. Aspiga is a multi-channel retailer with a successful online channel, wholesale including marketplaces and retail shops in UK and Barbados. We focus on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
THE POSITION: ASSISTANT MERCHANDISER
This is an exciting new role! We are seeking a talented Assistant Merchandiser (or senior allocator ready for the next step!) who enjoys working in a fast-paced & growing environment and has fantastic skills in stock management!
As an Assistant Merchandiser at Aspiga you will play a vital role in demand forecasting across our stores, online channel; third party. Creating & managing a sound stock strategy; helping to implement a new automated replenishment system. You will work closely with the Merchandiser to execute the seasonal strategy, to support with in season trading and to provide insightful analysis as well as administrative support.
Reviewing key KPIs you will identify commercial opportunities and take action to maximise profits. You will play a key part throughout the life cycle of the product from initial planning stages; raising orders to making key trading decisions and assisting with key line forecasts.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced sustainable fashion brand and make a difference reporting into a Senior Merchandiser.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Determining appropriate stock levels by store by setting inventory targets by space and profile and monitoring sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
● Demand forecasting seasonal and continuity lines, supporting the senior merchandising to manage and forecast the wssi.
● Undertaking relevant analysis and using available reporting to support decision making and determining the action plans for stores and 3rd party channels.
● Deriving an auto allocation system, using appropriate targets and other numerical data to ensure the correct inventory balance across all platforms.
● Working with stores to highlight any outstanding issues and provide solutions where necessary.
● Supporting the continuous development of processes and procedures to drive efficiencies in the department.
● Develop knowledge of the brand and products including best sellers, top volumes and reviewing products on the website
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
● 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
● For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
● For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
● Contributory pension scheme
● Cycle to work scheme
● Mental Health support with Lifeworks
● Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
● Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
● Exclusive B Corp Brand discounts
- Develops good working relationships within the business and external agencies
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- A strong team player who is a true brand ambassador
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- +2yrs experience as a Senior Allocator/Admin Assistant or current Assistant Merchandiser
- Experience in stock management across multi channels
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Exceptional Analytical Skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Previous experience within the fashion retail industry is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of relevant KPI’s
- An interest in sustainability
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & growing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.