Garment Tech - Head Office
Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: GARMENT TECH
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Bcorp certified in August 2022 and an award winning lifestyle Brand, we partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a Garment Technologist to work with the design team to ensure our garments meet our quality standards. You will set these standards, process garments through from tech pack to production ensuring that our suppliers are fully aware of all our technical standards and procedures. Attention to detail is a key requirement.
We are a small passionate team based in Battersea and it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage fit sessions and suggest product improvements through technical research and quality benchmarking.
- Ensure fit comments go out in a timely manner to maintain the critical path to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Ensure that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right 1st time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance, and fit requirements.
- Collaborate with the design and production team to deliver on time, clear, concise product specifications that define technical and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure sealer samples / Pre-production samples are correct for all specifications on the order book.
- Work with the factories and external partners (SGS) to ensure production checks are completed before handover and action taken before shipment of goods.
- Initiate fabric test reports for wearability and performance
- Track and ensure provenance of all fabrics are from a sustainable source.
- Review all submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance, and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- Labelling and swing tags - ensure correct swing tags are used on all product
- Liaise with the Operations & Ecommerce team and carry out quality audits for incoming Purchase orders.
- Liaise with the operations team to evaluate return rates and reason codes monthly and recommend improvements where possible.
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with the Production and Design Manager to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Founder MD.
- Accurately create and share internal communication documents with Product descriptions required for the wider business.
- Develops good working relationships within the business.
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers.
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Be respectful of others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with the below skills and expertise:
A MUST / ESSENTIAL:
- Proven experience of a garment tech role within a quality background in either a supplier or retailer, and with sustainable credentials.
- Attention to detail
- A high level of computer literacy and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Must be confident and able to measure garments accurately and quickly.
- Candidates should hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent level of manufacturing expertise.
- Fashion/clothing technology (or similar) degree.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Experience of pattern cutting and garment manufacture
Please send a copy or your CV and cover letter over to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.