START DATE: July 2022
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Aspiga is a leading ethical and sustainable contemporary clothing company creating wearable, stylish and timeless collections for women and men. Established in 2006, we are a responsible fashion brand who continues to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Our products are designed in the UK, Collections includes day wear, dresses, beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
Our mission is to work responsibly with our suppliers towards a more socially and environmentally conscious future, putting people and the planet first. That’s why we only partner with ethical suppliers, use the best sustainable materials and design beautiful, contemporary and stylish pieces that are intended to last.
We are proud campaigners of slow fashion, which is why we design clothing intended to last.
THE POSITION: Merchandiser
We are looking for a Merchandiser to join the Product team to support our Channel growth plans, plan the seasonal ranges, manage options for retail, wholesale and online and report sale and stock performance to the business as well as agree trading activity weekly.
Skills must include analytical, trading and pure merchandising skills and ability to work within a fast-paced agile buying team.
Reporting into the founder Lucy Macnamara you will be responsible for planning each seasons collections, agreeing with the buyer ranging assortments across multi channels including shops, marketplace and wholesale. Reviewing performance, placing repeat orders, working with the operations and distribution manager to improve stock availability across all channels. Supporting the brand to deliver growth in the Uk and International markets.
Desirable skills - resilient, smart, quick and agile merchant keen to progress in their field.
You will be supported and if required mentored by an experienced Merchandise consultant who has worked alongside the Founder since 2014.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To maximise sales and gross margin for all channels through analysis, planning and forecasting and in season trading.
- Lead the Merchandise function and develop sound cross functional relationships with Design and Production, Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Derive the Seasonal Category and Option Plans by channel / market to deliver the Brand’s Objectives and KPIs
- Establish Range plans for all markets, Online, Retail, marketplaces and wholesale, setting monthly targets for sales and margin
- Forecast and establish standard formats for the business to measure success
- Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators within departments of responsibility relating to sales, stock, profit, and markdown versus budget and last year
- Manage Weekly Stock Sales and Intake forecasts (WSSI) and review in season stock opportunities and risks in line with forecasts to maximise sales and reduce stocks i.e. OTB management, recodes, cancellations, repeats, phasing, new promotions or campaigns
- Provide seasonal stock reports to review all stock, carry over, continuity and new ensuring we have exit strategies for all terminal and sale stock.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
- Previous experience Merchandiser level or similar, preferably within a small /medium sized womenswear environment.
- Interest in slow sustainable fashion
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
- Knowledge and experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting and OTB management responsibilities
- A high level of computer literacy and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure are essential.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org