GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
Graphic Design Manager
Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the team; a skilled photographer, creative thinker with excellent image and media skills to manage the Aspiga library, produce the digital and seasonal brochures and manage a junior editorial team.
We are a small passionate team, so it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting into the Founder responsible for the artwork, and design assets, as well as overseeing requirements for photography in line with the Brands marketing and brand strategy.
- Organise artwork requirements for all campaigns and communications in line with marketing strategy and commercial drivers.
- Working with the founder to deliver the Brands visual tone of voice and the right imagery for commercial sales as well as the Brands image.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to generate imagery and graphics for editorial content stories to inspire and educate customers, from weekly trend packages to seasonal ranges and key launches.
- Manage the Brand’s library of assets including images, video and graphics from approved to work in progress for the wider team to utilise for retail, wholesale, online and social media channels.
- Responsible for producing and creating the 8 Seasonal Brochures to new and existing customers, ensuring the right product is selected and best images are used to deliver the DM goals and KPIs.
- Responsible for managing design and photography workflow, leading the editorial team to deliver on excellence and efficiencies.
- Working with the founder to lead the look and feel of our digital and physical imagery, editing where needed to produce first in class images as assets to market across all channels and territories.
- Review output and projects with the team to understand key successes and learnings for the future.
- Create content and photography with an exceptional range of creative and technical skill.
- Maintains relationships with clients, team members, models, stylists, hair/makeup artists, and assistants, etc.
- Executes standard photography operation procedures including image editing techniques, tools, processes, and guidelines.
- Drives towards continuous improvement and creative solutions.
- Oversees brand standards, lighting technique, and image quality.
- Utilises up-to-date knowledge of product trends, consumer buying, and technology to enhance team output.
- Keeps up to date with styles and trends to ensure that we create assets and photography that stands out against competitors.
- Develop the brands style guidelines and brand look and feel for consistency in messaging.
- Develop knowledge of the brand and products including best sellers, top volumes, reviewing products on the website and using all copy made available by the marketing team.
- Develop a knowledge of the Promotional Calendar, Marketing activity and Key Campaigns including Product launches.
- Support Brand events where necessary.
- Develops good working relationships within the business.
- Develop good relationships with external agencies.
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Be respectful of others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Must be comfortable working with digital cameras, videos, computers and photo editing software.
- MUST have 2-3 years experience in a similar role ideally within Fashion marketing.
- Knowledge of Adobe, Illustrator & Photoshop plus Microsoft Office.
- Management of intern and junior editors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately.
- Interest in sustainable fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives.
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines.
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador.
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change.
- A keen and creative eye for detail and appreciation of great design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
This is a new management role and an exciting opportunity for a photographic, visual editor to join this exciting sustainable fashion lifestyle brand which has seen huge success in the UK and plans to grow Internationally.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.