Store Manager, London
Store Manager - London
4-5 days per week - hours tbc
Start Date – November 2021
Based in London
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
THE POSITION: Store Manager for our London store
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Retail team; a good communicator with a passion for sustainability, who has excellent retail and customer skills to drive the retail Channel.
The role of the Store Manager is to manage the store to deliver the agree KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reporting into the Retail Manager, managing the store to ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- Managing the London staff team, staff hours, staff rota and budgets to agreed targets
- Ensuring consistent delivery of Aspiga’s customer service experience through coaching, developing and motivating the London retail team, leading by example and by exceptional interactions with the customer.
- Giving excellent customer service by upholding and informing customers of Aspiga’s values on sustainability and ethical fashion by ensuring their knowledge of the company’s ethical and sustainable use of materials, production processes and recycled packaging is up-to-date.
- Undertaking administrative tasks such as uploading the weekly staff rota and stock requests, inputting emails onto our customer database, ensuring stock is accurately inputted into our system, doing regular stock takes and reordering shop essentials (paper bags, tissue paper, brochures etc.)
- Always behaving in a manner that represents the values of the Aspiga brand and adhering to company guidelines and policies.
- Ensuring marketing materials such as brochures and ‘Aspiga Loves’ are displayed in the shops and handed out. Also ensuring all staff collect customer names to sign up to the email database.
Ensure each shop is sustainable as possible and the shop fit and point of sale reflect this.
Ensure company and brand standards are maintained as well as adhering to H&S guidelines.
- Constantly ensuring that the shop is tidy and well organised at all times, always adhering to our Brand Guidelines on shop presentation and customer service.
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop the profile of the Aspiga brand in the retail environments to engage their customers, increase conversion and develop relevant and appropriate collaborations, building strategic relationships within each store’s local community and by organising events with social media influencers and bloggers.
- Actively driving commercial opportunities e.g. using Social and paid ads to increase footfall and looking at innovative ways to market the shop within the local area to help increase sales.
Ensuring the sustainable Fit outs for each store are delivered and implemented on time.
- Supporting the RM and Founder to open, manage and recruit staff for the retail store, approving all recruitment with the RM.
Undertaking frequent stock takes, checking stock in store is selling, review best sellers, define with the Merchandiser the right collection / range for stores, feedback to HQ high and low sell through’s.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of other
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
Management experience preferable
Commercial acumen - experience driving KPI’s, staff planning and inventory management
Confident and outgoing; able to effectively communicate the brand story
Experience building and leading effective teams
Organised, comfortable with administrative tasks, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
Confident operating Microsoft suite software
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
Attention to detail is a must
Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.