START DATE: October 2022
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full time
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
Aspiga is a multi-channel retailer with a successful online channel, wholesale including marketplaces and retail shops in UK and Barbados. We focus on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Marketing team; a good communicator, creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us improve our in-house copywriting and to assist the marketing and digital team
As a member of the marketing team, you will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media).
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Marketing Manager in writing copy, selecting images and product descriptions according to the seasonal guidelines
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Assisting in generating and delivering editorial content stories to inspire and educate customers, from weekly trend packages to seasonal ranges and key launches.
- Assist with Photography and photo editing for our wholesale and social media channels
- Maintaining customer unsubscribe and additional databases for Marketing Team
- Develop knowledge of the brand and products including best sellers, top volumes, reviewing products on the website and using all copy made available by the marketing team.
- Develop a knowledge of the Promotional Calendar, Marketing activity and Key Campaigns including Product launches
- Support Brand events where necessary
- Implement social strategies to grow brand awareness – content creation & blogger outreach.
- Creating customer mailers & sending WhatsApp broadcasts.
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS:
- For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 5 additional days)
- Early Finish Friday in the Summer based on Targets being met
- For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift worth up to £150
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental Health support with Charlie Waller
- Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
- Up to 50% discount for you to enjoy
- Develops good working relationships within the business and external agencies
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- A strong team player who is a true brand ambassador
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with the below skills and expertise:
- MUST have 12 months experience in a similar role ideally within Fashion.
- Experience using Shopify & managing social media platforms (Required).
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office.
- Be familiar with creating GIFFs and video content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately
- Photography experience
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
Please send a copy or your CV and cover letter over to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.