A gorgeous pair of sandals hand-made in Kenya, embellished with sustainable glass beads in a beautiful design. Each pair is lovingly crafted with a leather upper on a flat flexible (non-slip) recycled rubber sole.
- 100% Genuine leather and vibrant glass beads
- Handcrafted in Kenya
- Part of our sustainable fashion collection: supporting local artisans keeping their craft alive and helping to maintain their livelihood
- Due to our sandals being handmade, there may be slight imperfections
- The sandals are packaged in a gorgeous, colourful reusable fabric bag.
- The sandal bags are made by Elimu Sewing Project in Kenya which supports young women from vulnerable backgrounds to pursue a 2-year training program which equips them with income-generating skills and a sewing trade.
- Our glass beads are fully recyclable and are coloured using natural dyes.
Glass beads are a particularly good alternative to plastic beads because when it breaks down, it remains safe and stable and releases no harmful chemicals into the surrounding environment. Glass also takes far less energy to produce and has a long life span.
By rejecting leather we would destroy many jobs for individuals who rely on the leather industry for their livelihood.
We only use leather byproducts from the meat industry. The leather would otherwise be wasted.
Additionally, our leather is only coloured using natural dyes. It will last a lifetime and be passed on to future generations. It is the antithesis of fast fashion.
- Thong-style sandal
- Flat flexible (non-slip) recycled rubber sole
- 100% Genuine leather
- Glass beads (we avoid plastic to minimise the impact on the environment)
- Care Instructions: Dust off with a soft, dry cloth.
- For stains/marks; blot with a leather cleaning formula followed by a leather softening agent.
- Due to the handmade nature of this item we recommend wiping the leather with a dry cloth before wear.
- We suggest you wear your sandals around the house and on some short outings before you set off on a long day out.
Please Note: Our warehouse only sends goods out Monday-Friday, so orders placed after 1pm on Friday afternoon and on Saturday and Sunday will be despatched Monday.
UNITED KINGDOM DELIVERY OPTIONS:
UK Royal Mail Standard Delivery (£4.99) (arrives 2-4 working days)
UK Express Delivery (£9.99) (place order before 1pm Monday - Thursday to receive next working day)
All our orders have a tracking number which will be emailed to you when the order is despatched.
To place an international order, please ensure you select the relevant flag for your delivery address. This is featured on the top right hand side of our website.
If, for whatever reason, you're not tripping over yourself to get down to the beach with your new purchase(s), we are more than happy to offer you a full refund on all goods returned to us in resalable condition within 14 days of purchase. Therefore, please try your sandals on a carpeted surface until you are sure that they are destined for your wardrobe.
Regrettably, we do not offer free returns. Consequently any delivery and postage charges are non-refundable unless your order is incorrect or faulty. Please get in touch if this is the case. For your peace of mind please make sure you ask for a stamped ‘Certificate of Posting’ to keep as a receipt, as we cannot take responsibility for items that for whatever reason fail to reach Aspiga HQ.
Please send back to:
Aspiga C/O Torque
Wortley Moor Road