The Zanzibar leather beaded sandal features an elegant pattern of pretty bullet beads on a dark leather upper with a small heel. For every pair of Kenyan sandals sold we will be clearing a basket full of plastic from Malindi beach in Kenya.
- Thong style sandal
- Hand crafted in Kenya
- Genuine leather upper and glass beads (not plastic to minimise the impact on the environment).
- Bullet beading in intricate detail
- Thong Style Sandal.
- Genuine Dark Leather Upper (dyed & sun dried).
- Heeled Soft Rubber Sole (approx 1.8")
- Hand-cut uppers and soles
- All bead work sewn by hand
- Our Kenyan sandals are entirely handmade which means many hours of work go into making just one pair. The bead work alone for one pair of sandals takes up to 3 hours. The bead work is real art and is not easy. They have to sort the beads and then thread each individual bead (sometimes working to complicated patterns) and sew it through punched holes directly on to the leather.
- The leather is bought in a tannery in Nairobi, then our supplier will dye it and leave it in the sun to dry. The leather is then hand cut with a strong knife for the uppers and the same for the rubber soles. . They stitch the beads to the leather upper design, which is then attached to a fabric or leather back. This beaded upper is then fixed to the rubber sole.
- Sometimes the odd imperfection, on the leather, will be present, which we believe gives each pieces uniqueness. Imperfection we believe is sometimes perfection!
- Please note: These sandals are incredibly comfortable and will become your best Summer friend, but at first the leather may need to be worn in, so it loosens up a bit to fit your foot. So we suggest you wear your sandal around the house and some short outings, before you set off on a long day out.
Please Note: Our warehouse only sends goods out Monday-Friday, so orders placed after 1pm on Friday afternoon and on Saturday and Sunday will be despatched Monday.
UNITED KINGDOM DELIVERY OPTIONS:
UK Standard Delivery (£4.99) (arrives 2-4 working days)
UK Express Delivery (£9.99) (place order before 1pm weekdays to receive next working day)
All orders over £200 will be upgraded to Next Working Day Delivery. However orders must be placed before 1pm weekdays to be received next working day.
All our orders have a tracking number which will be emailed to you when the order is despatched.
International Tracked (£20) (arrives in 5-20 working days)
If, for whatever reason, you're not tripping over yourself to get down to the beach with your new purchase(s), we are more than happy to offer you a full refund on all goods returned to us in resalable condition within 14 days of purchase. Therefore, please try your sandals on a carpeted surface until you are sure that they are destined for your wardrobe.
Regrettably, we do not offer free returns. Consequently any delivery and postage charges are non-refundable unless your order is incorrect or faulty. Please get in touch if this is the case. For your peace of mind please make sure you ask for a stamped ‘Certificate of Posting’ to keep as a receipt, as we cannot take responsibility for items that for whatever reason fail to reach Aspiga HQ.
Please send back to:
Aspiga C/O Torque
Wortley Moor Road