Buyer Maternity Cover – Battersea, London
Start Date - October 2023
Based in Battersea, London
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work.
THE POSITION: BUYER
We are looking for a fashion buyer to cover maternity leave for at least 9 months and the ideal candidate must have previous experience as a womenswear buyer, knowledge of sustainable practices, experience with managing a small team, a thorough knowledge of trends, print design and of sustainable fabric bases that can be used across our collections.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Manage the launch of the SS24 collection and review performance to agree repeats and trading activity for the season.
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with the Senior Designer to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Founder MD.
- Champion the business ethics to produce and develop a range that delivers a sustainable impact leading new sourcing on sustainable fabrics.
- Understand the Aspiga customer and demographic to be able to predict future trends relevant for the Brand.
- Implementing and managing the critical path from concept to pre-production with design and manufacturers. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all prototype/sample issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stages
- Manage and develop the product team to introduce best practice and attention to detail.
- Work closely with Garment Tech to produce products that fit well and fulfil the brief, liaising with the suppliers and fabric manufacturers to ensure deadline are met and communications are accurate and efficient
- Accurately create and share internal communication documents with the full information required for the wider business
- Build strong relationships with the suppliers and manage your team to deliver the day-to-day supplier relationships: chasing fabrics, pricing, lab dips, components and artworks.
- Delivering our margin targets and working closely with our supply base to achieve them.
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective working relationships with suppliers, developing a strong working knowledge of suppliers capability and availability to meet demands. This includes negotiating on costs as well as aesthetic changes to ensure design vision is maintained.
- Identifying opportunities for pricing, range width, competitors and product gaps, to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors within the market.
- Review market trends and analyse data to assist with the creation of the product briefs
- Ensuring all Materials, Trims & Labelling /Packaging are all correct before production commences.
- Liaise with Marketing and assist in setting up relevant briefs and POS
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- 4 years minimum previous experience in trend-led women’s multi-product design.
- Used to working in a fast-paced design environment and taking responsibility.
- Experience working directly with suppliers, including Indian factories a desirable skill
- An eye for identifying trends and translating into commercial designs.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and ability to put specs together.
- Confident CAD skills.
- Passionate about sustainable fashion with a desire to make a difference.
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
- 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
- For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
- For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental Health support
- Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
- Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
- Exclusive B Corp Brand discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.