Customer Service and Marketing Assistant
Customer Service and Marketing Assistant
Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Ecommerce team; a good communicator, creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us improve our in-house copywriting and to be the first point of contact for all customer enquiries via email, phone or social
Working with the business to support and deliver excellent customer service in areas including fulfilling and taking orders, processing returns, handling complaints, answering enquiries, providing information and trouble shooting.
As a member of the ecommerce and marketing team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media),
Aspiga is an online UK retailer, focusing on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
Our products are designed in the UK, but handmade in Africa and India. The Aspiga Collection includes beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
We are a small passionate team of 10, so it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for managing and leading the customer service operations for Aspiga based in the HQ in Battersea ensuring all customer contacts are handled in a timely and appropriate manner, with a positive result for the customer.
- Managing and responding to the email correspondence within agreed SLA’s, delivering a service to exceed customer expectations
- Ensuring any technical issues with an order are reported and followed up internally and with the customer including order amends, miss picks, oversells, delivery issues
- Reviewing all reason codes for communication and work with the OD to forecast work levels for each season to improve service levels and identify peak activity across the year
- Acting on feedback and suggest improvements to service levels via changes to the website T&Cs, FAQs.
- Develop a clear communication and reporting system to inform the business and exec of activities and issues monthly
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Maintaining customer unsubscribe and additional databases for Marketing Team
- Problem solving with Productions Team on any potential QC issue highlighted by customers and coming to resolution in a timely fashion
- Chasing up tracking enquiries with mail service providers and updating customers accordingly
- Develop knowledge of the brand and products including best sellers, top volumes, reviewing products on the website and using all copy made available by the marketing team.
- Develop a knowledge of the Promotional Calendar, Marketing activity and Key Campaigns including Product launches
- Support Brand events where necessary
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develops and leads the Brands Customer Service SLA’s
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and committed to developing your skills
- Key skills in ecommerce and reporting systems – shopify skills an advantage
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change
- Excellent organisational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
Contact: Sarah Edwards
Tel: +44 (0) 207 627 5166