Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
Deadline for applications: September 30th
THE POSITION: GARMENT TECH
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a Garment Technologist to assist on ensuring garments meet our high quality standards. You will be working with the design team to process sealing garments through from tech pack to production ensuring that our suppliers are fully aware of all our technical standards and
procedures. Attention to detail is a key requirement.
Aspiga is an online UK retailer, focusing on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories. Our products are designed in the UK, but handmade in Africa and India. The Aspiga Collection includes beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
We are a small passionate team of 10, so it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail. If you have a keen interest in fashion, experience within a buying team and want to make your mark with a growing brand, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in fit sessions and contribute to product improvements through technical research
and quality benchmarking.
To ensure fit comments go out in a timely manner in order to maintain the critical path
Collaborate with the design and production team to deliver on time, clear, concise product
specifications that define technical and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product
is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
Ensure seals are correct for all specifications on the workbook.
Liaise with the warehouse and carry out quality audits for incoming Purchase orders.
Assist in ensuring that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right 1st
time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance
and fit requirements.
Work with the factories and external partners (SGS) to ensure production checks are
completed and action taken
Ensure fabric test reports are done and checked, and wearability and provenance of all fabrics are from a sustainable source
Assist in reviewing submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
Labelling and swing tags - ensure correct swing tags are used on all product
Evaluating return rates and reason codes monthly and recommend improvements where possible
Work closely and maintain strong relationships with the Production and Design Manager to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Founder MD.
Maintain all aspects of the critical path with the team to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
Accurately create and share internal communication documents with the full information required for the wider business
• Develops good working relationships within the business
• Develop good relationships with external suppliers
• Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
• Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
• Proven experience of an assistant garment tech role preferably within a quality
background in either a supplier or retailer.
• Experience of pattern cutting and garment manufacture is highly desirable.
• Must be confident and able to measure garments accurately and quickly.
• Candidates should hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent level of manufacturing expertise.
• A high level of computer literacy and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure are essential.
• A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
• Attention to detail a must
• Fashion/clothing technology (or similar) degree.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Confidence and presentation skills.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure.
Contact: Sarah Edwards
Tel: +44 (0) 207 627 5166