THE POSITION: GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST
START DATE: November 2023
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full Time, 40 hours contract based in HQ
About Aspiga (www.aspiga.com)
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
Aspiga is a multi-channel retailer with a successful online channel, wholesale including marketplaces and retail shops in UK and Barbados. We focus on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
THE POSITION: GARMENT TECH
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a Garment Technologist to work with the buying and design team to ensure our garments meet our quality standards. Reporting into the Buying Director you will set these standards, process garments through from tech pack to production ensuring that our suppliers are fully aware of all our technical standards and procedures. Attention to detail is a key requirement.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage fit sessions and suggest product improvements through technical research and quality benchmarking.
- Ensure fit comments go out in a timely manner to maintain the critical path to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Ensure that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right 1st time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance, and fit requirements.
- Collaborate with the design and production team to deliver on time, clear, concise product specifications that define technical and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure sealer samples / Pre-production samples are correct for all specifications on the order book.
- Work with the factories and external partners (SGS) to ensure production checks are completed before handover and action taken before shipment of goods.
- Work with suppliers and our testing partners to ensure all garments pass testing and are fit for purpose.
- Work with our nominated labelling supplier to ensure all garments have the correct information.
- Working with our product developer, track and ensure provenance of all fabrics are from a sustainable source.
- Review all submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance, and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- Liaise with the Operations & Ecommerce team and carry out quality audits for incoming Purchase orders.
- Liaise with the operations team to evaluate return rates and reason codes monthly and recommend improvements where possible.
- Work closely with stores to gather their fit and quality feedback on all product.
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with the design and buying team to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Founder MD.
- Accurately create and share internal communication documents with Product descriptions required for the wider business.
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
- 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
- For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
- For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental Health support with Lifeworks
- Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
- Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
- Exclusive B Corp Brand discounts
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with the below skills and expertise:
- Proven experience of a garment tech role within a quality background in either a supplier or retailer, and with sustainable credentials.
- Attention to detail.
- A high level of computer literacy and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Must be confident and able to measure garments accurately and quickly.
- Candidates should hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent level of manufacturing expertise.
- Fashion/clothing technology (or similar) degree.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Experience of pattern cutting and garment manufacture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org