Store Manager – Trebetherick, Cornwall
Store Manager – Trebetherick, Cornwall
Full time Monday – Saturday (hours tbc)
Start Date – Immediate start
Based in Trebetherick, Cornwall
THE POSITION: STORE MANAGER FOR TREBETHERICK, CORNWALL
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men, whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Retail team; a good communicator with a passion for sustainability, who has excellent retail and customer skills to drive the retail channel.
The role of the Store Manager is to manage the store and deliver the agree KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Reporting into the Retail Manager (RM) and managing the Trebetherick store to ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- Supporting the RM and Founder to open, manage and recruit staff for the retail store, approving all recruitment with the RM.
- Ensuring the sustainable fitouts for each store are delivered and implemented on time, making sure the shop is as sustainable as possible and that the point of sale reflects this.
- Managing the staff hours and budgets to agreed targets.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of Aspiga’s customer service experience through coaching, developing and motivating the Evesham shop team, leading by example and by exceptional interactions with the customer.
- Behaving in a manner that represents the values of the Aspiga brand, adhering to company guidelines and policies.
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop the profile of the Aspiga brand in the retail environments and engage their customers, increase conversion, develop relevent and appropriate collaborations, build strategic relationships within the store’s local community and by organise events with social media influencers and bloggers.
- Ensure marketing materials such as brochures and ‘Aspiga Loves’ are handed out and all staff collect customer names to sign up to the email database.
- Actively driving commercial opportunities e.g. using Social and paid ads to increase footfall and looking at innovative ways to market the shops within the local area to help increase sales.
- Undertake frequent stock takes, checking stocks in store are selling, review best sellers, define with the Merchandiser the right collection / range for stores and feedback to HQ high, via the RM.
- Ensuring company and brand standards are maintained as well as adhering to H&S guidelines.
- Upholding Aspiga’s values on sustainability and ethical fashion by ensuring their knowledge of the company’s ethical and sustainable use of materials, production processes and recycled packaging is up-to-date.
Flexible schedule; available to work one weekend day per week
- Develops good working relationships within the business.
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers.
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Be respectful of others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Experience required in contemporary fashion or luxury retail management.
- Commercial acumen - experience driving KPI’s, staff planning and inventory management.
- Confident and outgoing; able to effectively communicate the brand story.
- Experience building and leading effective teams.
- Organized, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff.
- Confident operating Microsoft suite software.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for a retail manager to join this exciting sustainable fashion lifestyle brand which has seen huge success in the UK online and is expanding their retail channel.