Weekend Shop Assistant
Weekend Shop Assistant
2 days per week - Saturdays and Sundays, hours TBC
Start Date – mid-September 2021
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th September
THE POSITION: WEEKEND SHOP ASSISTANT FOR OUR MARLBOROUGH STORE
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Retail team; a good communicator with a passion for sustainability, who has excellent retail and customer skills to drive the retail Channel.
The role of the Shop Assistant is to assist in the management of the store to deliver the agreed KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reporting into the Marlborough Shop Manager and Retail Manager, assisting in the management of the store to ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- Ensuring consistent delivery of Aspiga’s customer service experience, leading by example and by exceptional interactions with the customer.
- Giving excellent customer service by upholding and informing customers of Aspiga’s values on sustainability and ethical fashion by ensuring their knowledge of the company’s ethical and sustainable use of materials, production processes and recycled packaging is up-to-date.
- Assisting in administrative tasks such as uploading the weekly staff rota and stock requests, inputting emails onto our customer database, ensuring stock is accurately inputted into our system, noting customer footfall and feedback, doing regular stock takes and reordering shop essentials (paper bags, tissue paper, brochures etc.)
- Always behaving in a manner that represents the values of the Aspiga brand and adhering to company guidelines and policies.
- Ensuring marketing materials such as brochures and ‘Aspiga Loves’ are displayed in the shops and handed out. Also ensuring to collect customer names to sign up to the email database.
- Constantly ensuring that the shop is tidy and well organised at all times, always adhering to our Brand Guidelines on shop presentation and customer service.
- Ensuring the sustainable Fit outs for the store are delivered and implemented on time.
- Undertaking frequent stock takes, checking stock in store is selling, noting best sellers, feedback to the SM high and low sell through’s.
- Ensure company and brand standards are maintained as well as adhering to H&S guidelines.
- Ensure each shop is sustainable as possible and the shop fit and point of sale reflect this.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of other
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
Retail experience preferable
Confident and outgoing; able to effectively communicate the brand story
Organized, comfortable with administrative tasks, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
Confident operating Microsoft suite software
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential.
Attention to detail is a must
Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.