Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: MARKETING ASSISTANT
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Marketing and Ecommerce team; a good communicator, creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us improve our in-house copywriting and to assist the marketing and digital team
As a member of the ecommerce and marketing team, you will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media),
Aspiga is an online UK retailer, focusing on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
Our products are designed in the UK, but handmade in Africa and India. The Aspiga Collection includes beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
We are a small passionate team of 10, so it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the ecommerce manager in writing copy, selecting images and product descriptions according to the seasonal guidelines
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Contributing to campaign and advertising concepts and messaging generation, and adapting this to the key territories
- Assisting in generating and delivering editorial content stories to inspire and educate customers, from weekly trend packages to seasonal ranges and key launches.
- Working with the content marketing manager and social media manager to define and deliver the brands overarching content strategy
- Assist with Photography and photo editing for our wholesale and social media channels
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Maintaining customer unsubscribe and additional databases for Marketing Team
- Develop knowledge of the brand and products including best sellers, top volumes, reviewing products on the website and using all copy made available by the marketing team.
- Develop a knowledge of the Promotional Calendar, Marketing activity and Key Campaigns including Product launches
- Support Brand events where necessary
- Implement social strategies to grow brand awareness – content creation & blogger outreach.
- Maintaining and updating the Shopify webstore – uploading new products & updating stock.
- Updating the homepage and banners to keep the site looking fresh and engaging for customers.
- Supporting the customer service team and ensuring all queries are handled in a timely and appropriate manner, with a positive result for the customer.
- Creating customer mailers & sending WhatsApp broadcasts.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develops and leads the Brands Customer Service SLA’s
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- MUST have 12 months experience in a similar role ideally within Fashion.
- Experience using Shopify & managing social media platforms (Required).
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office.
- Be familiar with creating GIFFs and video content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately
- Photography experience
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
Contact: Sarah Edwards
Tel: +44 (0) 207 627 5166