PR and Social Media Internship
PR and Social Media Internship
Immediate start based in Battersea, London
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
THE POSITION: PR and Social Media Internship
Established in 2006 Aspiga is a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
We’re looking for a PR and Social Media Internship to help with the day to day running of our PR and social media departments. Working closely with colleagues in the business and agencies, you’ll help to develop compelling, aspirational and stylish social media campaigns (that are right for our customer demographic). You will help put together our marketing strategies and weekly themes and create engaging content for our global community. You’ll also be involved with managing social media activity daily including working with influencers and celebrities, which includes gifting and sending out products, and liaising with external agencies.
The perfect candidate will be a forward-thinking storyteller, and an expert in digital platforms and social media and be able to style and put together stylish social content. You’ll be able to adapt to our tone of voice and put forward ideas for the business to grow. Finally, you’ll have a passion for sustainable fashion and a creative eye and skillset to keep our social feeds elevated, informed and reflective of Aspiga’s brand values and sustainability commitment.
Based within our head office in Battersea , London. This job is a full time role, ideally for at least four months. Students seeking year-long placements are welcome to apply.
Key Responsibilities of Role
Help come up with a marketing calendar ideas and reflect weekly themes through all social platforms
Liasing with external agencies and ensuring consistency across the marketing team with key campaigns for the week
Contribute to the development of organic social media plans, campaigns, activations and tactics for products, brand marketing and key cultural moments
Help with scheduling and uploading posts and stories across all platforms
Drive innovation by suggesting new features of existing platforms and / or expanding to new platforms opportunities
Locate and suggest opportunities for Aspiga press coverage
Put forward ideas for potential brand, celebrity and influencer partnerships in keeping with the Aspiga brand
Helping to ensure all social output is on brand and complies with tone of voice and brand guidelines
Helping to send out and track PR, celebrity and influencer sendouts
Help to create graphics for social platforms using Adobe Photoshop/Canva and take engaging content for grid posts and stories inhouse
- Develops good working relationships within the business.
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers.
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Be respectful of others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fantastic attention to detail and factual accuracy
- A passion for diversity and inclusion and a strong awareness of key cultural issues relevant to our core audiences
- An obsession with trends and tools in social media, marketing, technology and advertising.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to strategically plan and prioritise in line with business requirements
- Adobe suite knowledge (photoshop/premiere pro for video editing) and canva knowledge
- A passion for sustainability and adaptability skills to our tone of voice and brand guidelines
- Shopify experience is a plus
- Working towards/ recently graduate from a BA degree in a relevant field (e.g. journalism, fashion communication, fashion marketing) is a plus
- Previous experience working for a fashion brand is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.