THE POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
START DATE: January 2024
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Full Time, 40 hours contract based in HQ
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
Aspiga is a multi-channel retailer with a successful online channel, wholesale including marketplaces and retail shops in UK and Barbados. We focus on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
THE POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
Reporting into the Marketing Director
Direct Reports: Junior Designer and Design Assistant (year-long placement student)
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes graphic design, bringing to life brand and product messages across print with confidence, to deliver rich design that supports the delivery of standout campaigns Aspiga can be proud of.
An excellent communicator, the successful candidate will develop and execute the creative vision from brief to delivery (including costs), predominantly across print assets, including our customer brochures (approx 10 per year).
You will have managed teams across print design, ideally in a retail environment, and have demonstrable experience of delivering creative excellence on time and to budget, with an overarching view of all seasonal campaign assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Lead and develop the Graphics team to create high quality, engaging visual marketing print assets with an overarching view of all channels.
● Manage the Direct Mail (DM) brochure (approx 10/yr) from start to finish, including negotiating print costs and postage.
● Manage the overarching creative of the bi-monthly Aspiga Loves editorial magazine, including supporting with copy.
● Manage store seasonal assets and POS (including sale/mark down) to deliver on time and to budget.
● Drive creative innovation and industry-excellence across all assets.
● Develop brand guidelines that all creative assets anchor back to each season.
● Ability to interpret briefs and establish the most appropriate and best creative and commercial route for assets.
● Ensure creative assets are tightly aligned across all channels and fit for channel purpose.
● Manage the team workflow to ensure all tasks are allocated to team members with a clear understanding of time needed and best fit skill set.
● Manage the workflow system (Monday) to ensure all critical paths are established and deadlines are delivered.
● Manage any external creative agency/freelance support.
● Review process pain-points and implement processes to improve.
● Be an accessible point of contact for Graphics, to welcome feedback/changes/requests in process changes.
● Manage cost efficiencies within the team.
● Be proactive, demonstrate excellent communication and planning to ensure timely management of all workload, be prepared to respond to tactical business requirements.
● Manage team holiday calendar and monitor sickness and general attendance across the team.
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
● 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
● For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
● For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
● Contributory pension scheme
● Cycle to work scheme
● Mental Health support with Lifeworks
● Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
● Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
● Exclusive B Corp Brand discounts
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with the below skills and expertise:
● B.A (Hons) Graphics degree (or related subject)
● Expertise gained from similar inhouse and/or agency experience with excellent
understanding of industry practice and the retail industry
● Highly organised with ability to manage very busy workloads and tight deadlines
● Demonstrable experience of DM including brochures
● Excellent understanding of print production workflow
● Agile and good at being reactive. Able to re-prioritise work quickly if needed.
● Proactive and a self-starter
● A people person, with demonstrable experience of building strong working relationships
with key internal and external stakeholders to support effective communication and delivery of work
● Excellent communication skills
● Excellent attention to detail
● A start up mentality is welcomed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org