Design & Product Development Assistant
Design & Product Development Assistant
Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men, whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a new member of the Design and Production team to support the Brands sustainable mission to design, develop and select product ranges, liaising with suppliers, ensuring the development process is smooth to maintain key deadlines.
If you have a keen interest in sustainable fashion, experience within buying and want to make your mark with a growing brand, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop womenswear dresses and tops in line with the Aspiga handwriting.
- Develop design sketches and present to the creative director.
- Proactively identify the latest trends and translate them into commercial designs.
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with the Product and Design Manager.
- Manage product development stages from order samples to design direction and follow up with suppliers.
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path with the team to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Champion the business ethics to produce and develop a range that delivers a sustainable impact.
- Ensure relevant trends are translated into product range at speed to reflect the brand and customer.
- Provide administrative support to the team including new product listings, maintenance of all internal systems with accurate information updates.
- Manage samples for all products including timely receipt for range meetings, samples checked for accuracy and stored correctly and managing all sample requests from the business.
- Support Design Manager in the range planning and range selection.
- Responsible managing the approval of lab dips and filing artworks, components and bulk approvals on the system.
- Work closely with Garment Tech to produce products that fit well and fulfil the brief, liaising with the suppliers and fabric manufacturers to ensure deadline are met and communications are accurate and efficient.
- Accurately create and share internal communication documents with the full information required for the wider business.
- Manage day to day supplier relationships: chasing fabrics, pricing, lab dips, components and artworks.
- Identifying opportunities for pricing, range width, competitors and product gaps, to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors within the market.
- Review market trends and analyse data to assist with the creation of the product briefs.
- Liaise with Marketing and assist in setting up relevant briefs and POS.
- Develops good working relationships within the business.
- Develop good relationships with external agencies.
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace.
- Be respectful of others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- The ability to recognise future trends.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives.
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and committed to developing your skills.
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador.
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.