Womenswear Junior Design – Battersea, London
Based in Battersea, London
THE POSITION: JUNIOR DESIGNER
Aspiga is Bcorp certified and winner of the Drapers Sustainable Independent Brand Award 2022, leading the way in sustainable and ethical values.
Established in 2006 we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a Junior Designer to work within the buying and design team.
We are a small passionate team based in Battersea and it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and the world of retail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
Reporting into Senior Design Consultant and working closely with the buying team you will be responsible for the below, ensuring we offer our customers relevant styles that keep us a step ahead of our competitors. We want to see exciting products that are unique yet commercial and compliment the rest of our collection.
- Developing design sketches and tech packs to enable the buying team to brief suppliers.
- Fabric and trim sourcing alongside product developer with a key focus on sustainable cloths.
- Proactively identifying the latest trends and translating them into commercial designs
- suitable for the Aspiga customer.
- Researching and suggesting new designs in line with seasonal concept planning and option plan.
- Attending range review and buying meeting, taking relevant notes and actioning design amendments with suppliers.
- Working on seasonal prints, colour palettes and embroideries.
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- 4 years minimum previous experience in trend-led women’s multi-product design.
- Used to working in a fast-paced design environment and taking responsibility.
- Experience working directly with suppliers, including Indian factories a desirable skill
- An eye for identifying trends and translating into commercial designs.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and ability to put specs together.
- Confident CAD skills.
- Passionate about sustainable fashion with a desire to make a difference.
- Highly organised
- Proficient working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of product lifecycle and working to critical path.
ASPIGA EXTRA BENEFITS
- 30 days holiday inc Bank holidays
- For each year you’re with us, you have an extra day’s holiday (up to 3 additional days)
- For your Birthday a free Aspiga gift
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental Health support
- Supporting our communities – Beach cleans & volunteer days
- Discounts on Aspiga products for you to enjoy
- Exclusive B Corp Brand discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org