Product Development Assistant
Product Development Assistant
Full time Monday – Friday 8.30 – 5.30
Immediate start Based in Battersea, London
Aspiga is an online UK retailer, focusing on selling ethically sourced and sustainable beachwear, clothing and accessories.
Our products are designed in the UK, but handmade in Africa and India. The Aspiga Collection includes beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
The Aspiga team’s mission is to always operate with people and the planet at the forefront of our minds. We strive to minimise harm to our planet in all that we do and this is reflected in our choice of fabrics, production processes, packaging and more.
We are proud campaigners of slow fashion, which is why we design clothing intended to last.
This means creating timeless pieces through carefully selected fabrics, precise silhouettes and attention to detail.
We are a small passionate team of 10, so it is a great place to get true hands-on experience and learn lots about fashion and improve what we do.
THE POSITION: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a new member of the Design and Production team to support the Brands sustainable mission to develop and select product ranges, liaising with suppliers, ensuring the development process is smooth to maintain key deadlines.
If you have a keen interest in sustainable fashion, experience within buying and want to make your mark with a growing brand, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with the Production and Design Manager to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Founder MD.
- Manage product development stages from order samples to design direction and follow up with suppliers
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path with the team to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Champion the business ethics to produce and develop a range that delivers a sustainable impact.
- Ensure relevant trends are translated into product range at speed to reflect the brand and customer.
- Provide administrative support to the team including new product listings, maintenance of all internal systems with accurate information updates
- Manage samples for all products including timely receipt for range meetings, samples checked for accuracy and stored correctly and managing all sample requests from the business
- Support Design Manager in the range planning and range selection
- Responsible managing the approval of lab dips and filing artworks, components and bulk approvals on the system
- Work closely with Garment Tech to produce products that fit well and fulfil the brief, liaising with the suppliers and fabric manufacturers to ensure deadline are met and communications are accurate and efficient
- Accurately create and share internal communication documents with the full information required for the wider business
- Manage day to day supplier relationships: chasing fabrics, pricing, lab dips, components and artworks.
- Identifying opportunities for pricing, range width, competitors and product gaps, to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors within the market.
- Review market trends and analyse data to assist with the creation of the product briefs
- Liaise with Marketing and assist in setting up relevant briefs and POS
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Good analytical skills.
- The ability to recognise future trends.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence effectively within the business and put across views appropriately
- Demonstrates ability to plan and implement business objectives
- Organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated and committed to developing your skills
- A strong team player who is a true brand and business ambassador
- Resourceful, reactive and flexible; thrives on positive change
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
Contact: Sarah Edwards
Tel: +44 (0) 207 627 5166