Store Manager for Aspiga Lavershot
Store Manager – Aspiga Lavershot Barns, Windlesham, Surrey
Full time (min 4 days a week and include one weekend day a month)
Start Date – 15th June 2023
THE POSITION: STORE MANAGER FOR ASPIGA LAVERSHOT BARNS
We are looking for a Store Manager for Aspiga’s flagship store based in Windlesham in Lavershot Barns which is Surrey’s fastest growing destination for luxury lifestyle and fine food. We would like to welcome an enthusiastic and committed Manager to join us and lead the team building on the success of our first year of trading. The role of the Shop Manager is to lead the management of the store to deliver the agreed KPI’s and business plans for Aspiga and to work with our other 5 stores across the country to deliver an outstanding Aspiga retail experience and to drive both sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Established in 2005, we are a responsible fashion brand who continue to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Upholding these values is a key objective for the company: we use sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Lenzing viscose and linen, and all our packaging is made from recycled materials. We partner with artisans and suppliers, primarily in Kenya and India, to create contemporary and stylish clothing collections for women and men, whilst supporting small, family run businesses.
At Aspiga, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a versatile new member of the Retail team; a good communicator with a passion for sustainability, who has excellent retail and customer skills to drive the retail channel
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Reporting into the Retail Manager (RM) and managing the store to ensure sales and profit targets are achieved.
- Supporting the RM and Founder to manage and recruit staff for the retail store, approving all recruitment with the RM.
- Manage the shop using our Google management tools including stock requests, capturing customer feedback, timesheets, rota management, key shop tasks and handovers.
- Manage the staff rota to ensure the shop is staffed appropriately and staff hours are managed against budget and agreed sales targets for the shop.
- Ensuring the sustainable fitouts for each store are delivered and implemented on time, making sure the shop is as sustainable as possible and that the point of sale reflects this.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of Aspiga’s customer service experience through coaching, developing and motivating the shop team, leading by example and by exceptional interactions with the customer.
- Ensuring all staff work to the Aspiga customer experience and brand guidelines within the shop.
- Behaving in a manner that represents the values of the Aspiga brand, adhering to company guidelines and policies.
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop the profile of the Aspiga brand in the retail environments and engage their customers, increase conversion, develop relevent and appropriate collaborations, build strategic relationships within the store’s local community and by organising events with social media influencers and bloggers.
- Ensure marketing materials such as brochures and ‘Aspiga Loves’ are handed out and all staff collect customer names to sign up to the email database.
- Actively driving commercial opportunities e.g. using Social and paid ads to increase footfall and looking at innovative ways to market the shops within the local area to help increase sales.
- Undertake frequent stock takes, checking stocks in store are selling, review best sellers, define with the Merchandiser the right collection / range for stores and feedback to HQ high, via the RM.
- Ensuring company and brand standards are maintained as well as adhering to Health and Safety guidelines.
- Upholding Aspiga’s values on sustainability and ethical fashion by ensuring their knowledge of the company’s ethical and sustainable use of materials, production processes and recycled packaging is up-to-date.
- Develops good working relationships within the business
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers
- Maintain professional behaviour in the workplace
- Be respectful of others
KEY ATTRIBUTES – we are looking for someone with…
- Experience required in contemporary fashion or luxury retail management
- Commercial acumen - experience driving KPI’s, staff planning and inventory management
- Confident and outgoing; able to effectively communicate the brand story
- Experience building and leading effective teams
- Organized, able to multitask, prioritise and delegate tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Confident operating Microsoft suite software and Google sheets and meets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to problem solving is also essential
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org