START DATE: March 2022
LOCATION: Battersea, London
DURATION: Part Time 2/3 days
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
THE POSITION: Womenswear Freelance Designer
Aspiga is a leading ethical and sustainable contemporary clothing company creating wearable, stylish and timeless collections for women and men. Established in 2006, we are a responsible fashion brand who continues to lead the way in sustainable and ethical fashion - putting people and our planet first. Our products are designed in the UK, Collections include day wear, dresses, beautiful leather beaded sandals, flip flops, bags, baskets, beachwear, clothing and jewellery.
Our mission is to work responsibly with our suppliers towards a more socially and environmentally conscious future, putting people and the planet first. That’s why we only partner with ethical suppliers, use the best sustainable materials and design beautiful, contemporary and stylish pieces that are intended to last.
Our heritage is founded in partnering with artisans, primarily in Kenya and India. As the business has grown we have started working with more established factories in India, China, Turkey and Portugal. Continuing to create contemporary stylish clothing collections for women and men using natural, organic and sustainable materials.
This is a freelance opportunity, 2-3 days for an initial 3 months and is an exciting opportunity for someone who is creative and can bring ideas to life. The ideal candidate must have previous experience as a womenswear product designer, a thorough knowledge of trends and of sustainable fabric bases that can be used across our collections.
We are looking for someone who understands the Aspiga customer and is able to interpret trends while remaining true to the brand's feminine handwriting. Although dresses and softs are 60% of the mix we do need a designer who is able to design across categories.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reporting into Senior Design Consultant and working closely with the buying team you will be responsible for the below, ensuring we offer our customers relevant styles that keep us a step ahead of our competitors. We want to see exciting products that are unique yet commercial and compliment the rest of our collection.
- Developing design sketches/tech packs and preferably the garments patterns to enable the buying team to brief suppliers.
- Fabric sourcing alongside product developer with a key focus on sustainable cloths.
- Proactively identifying the latest trends and translate into commercial designs.
- Responsible for seasonal concept planning.
- Following up on SS23 range building with team, trading into best sellers and reacting to trends (OTB held back).
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ PREFRENCES:
- 5 years minimum previous experience in trend-led women’s multi-product design.
- Used to working in a fast-paced design environment and taking responsibility.
- An eye for identifying trends and translating into commercial designs.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and ability to put specs together.
- Confident CAD skills.
- Passionate about sustainable fashion with a desire to make a difference.
- Highly organised
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org.