Lakuru Leather Belt
MultiRegular price £65.00
Make 3 payments of £21.66. . No fees.
Introducing our hand-beaded Leather Belt made in Kenya, embellished with vibrant sustainable glass beads in an intricate design. Each belt is carefully crafted by our artisans and takes a full day to bead. The genuine leather is sourced from a tannery in Nairobi and the leather is dyed and sun-dried, therefore no two belts are the same.
- Product Details
- Fit and Fabric
- 100% Genuine leather and glass beads (we avoid plastic to minimise the impact on the environment)
- All our belts are unisex
- Fits perfectly through your jean belt loops
- Comes with a reusable dust bag to protect and maintain your belt
- Part of our sustainable fashion collection: supporting local artisans keeping their craft alive and helping to maintain their livelihood
- Handcrafted in Kenya
Measurements may vary due to these products being handmade. Size recommendations are based on wearing the belt low waisted. We suggest sizing down for high waisted fit
- Size 30' = 76cm, UK Size XXS
- Size 32" = 81cm, UK Size XS
- Size 34" = 86cm, UK Size S
- Size 36" = 91cm, UK Size M
- Size 38" = 97.5cm, UK Size L
- Size 40" = 106cm, UK Size XL
- Dust off with a soft, dry cloth
- For stains/marks; blot with a leather cleaning formula followed by a leather softening agent
- Due to the handmade nature of this item we recommend wiping the leather with a dry cloth before wear
Why choose our belts?
- Our glass beads are fully recyclable and are coloured using natural dyes
- Glass beads are a particularly good alternative to plastic beads because when it breaks down, it remains safe and stable and releases no harmful chemicals into the surrounding environment. Glass also takes far less energy to produce and has a long life span
- By rejecting leather we would destroy many jobs for individuals who rely on the leather industry for their livelihood
- We only use leather byproducts from the meat industry. The leather would otherwise be wasted
- Additionally, our leather is only coloured using natural dyes. It will last a lifetime and be passed on to future generations. It is the antithesis of fast fashion.